Getreidegasse (Old town, main shopping street)
Felsenreitschule „rock riding school“
St. Peter Stiftskeller Restaurant (oldest restaurant of Europe)
Sound of music
- Benedictine monastery: Nuns sing the song „Maria“
- Mirabell palace and gardens: Maria and the children sing “Do-Re-Mi”
- Residence place and Residence fountain: Maria was walking here on her way from the monastery Nonnberg to the mansion Trapp
- Felsenreitschule: Family Trapp sings the last song and the baron recites the song “Edelweiß”
- Cemetary St. Peter: dramatic escape scenes
- Castle Leopoldskron: the Lakeside view of the house of family Trapp
- Pavillon: “I am 16 going on 17” was originally filmed at Castle Hellbrunn with the intention of portraying it as Castle Leopoldskron; “
Directions to IMLAUER HOTEL PITTER
By public transport:
From the train station: Buses # 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 take you directly in front of our hotel. Your point to get off is „Kongresshaus“. Duration: approx. 5 min.
From the airport: Bus # 2 takes you directly to the hotel. Your point to get off is „Kongresshaus“. Duration approx. 30 min.
From the train station: Right in front of train station, Duration about 3 min, costs approx. Euro 7,00, depending on traffic and time of the day.
From the airport: Right in front of the airport, duration about 15min, costs approx.
Euro 20,– depending on traffic and time of the day.
By road: 2 ways to get to the hotel:
1) Take the exit Salzburg Mitte – turn at the directional sign Zentrum and go straight ahead. After approximately 1,25 miles you will cross the river Salzach on the Lehner Brücke. Turn right on the first traffic-light after the bridge. Pass a train bridge and turn into the third street on the left hand side (Auerspergstrasse). Next street to the left again (Rainerstrasse). You will find us on the right side of the street.
2) Take the exit Salzburg Nord – turn at the directional sign Zentrum and go straight ahead, till you reach the „Kapuzinerberg“. Then turn right. Follow the „Schallmoser Hauptstrasse“ and then the „Franz-Josef-Strasse“, till you reach the „Kongresshaus“. Then turn right again into the „Rainerstrasse“. You will find us on the right side of the street.